cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Text (IDOL) and Keyword search is very slow when executing custom queries via the Unity API.

Nick_Askew
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi

Searching for a document via the Unity API and a custom query which uses a keyword and IDOL full text search is extremely slow because after retrieving the result set from IDOL (which is an extremely fast process) OnBase then goes onto performing a single query for every document (which as you can imagine, hammers SQL server and takes a considerable amount of time even with a low latency connection to the db - it looks crazy if you run SQL profiler whilst the query is underway).

Has anyone else run these kinds of queries (Custom Query, IDOL + Keyword search) and overcome the performance issue?

Regards

Nick

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Tyler_Sorber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hello Nick

Performance issues are quite ticky to troubleshoot, and being on the forum, it can get even trickier.  I think this might be best handled off the forums by contacting your first line of support.  At first, they would definitely be interested in the code being used, as well as the Error, Service, and Web.Service XML of Diagnostics Console.

In addition, I would suiggest ensuring that your code is utilizing the ExecuteQueryResults method, as it has been known to be much faster than the ExecuteQuery Method.  This is because it is not loading the entire List of Documents into Memory at one time.  If you are not already doing so, please utilize this method.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Tyler_Sorber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hello Nick

Performance issues are quite ticky to troubleshoot, and being on the forum, it can get even trickier.  I think this might be best handled off the forums by contacting your first line of support.  At first, they would definitely be interested in the code being used, as well as the Error, Service, and Web.Service XML of Diagnostics Console.

In addition, I would suiggest ensuring that your code is utilizing the ExecuteQueryResults method, as it has been known to be much faster than the ExecuteQuery Method.  This is because it is not loading the entire List of Documents into Memory at one time.  If you are not already doing so, please utilize this method.