cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File size of the 4 page TIFF document does not equal the Sum of each page found in OnBase

Hank_Thomas1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I see the file size of each page in the Database.   I added them up but that figure is way off from the file size of the document when I save it to File.

does it compress it during saving or is something else going on?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Greg_Conely
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

If they are separate TIF files within OnBase and then you export it to a single page file, the size will be a bit less for the multipage file.  There may also be a compression applied during the save.  For example, if they are stored within OnBase as Uncompressed (~20mb/page) or JPG compressed (~3mb/page) then get exported out, it will normally use, I believe, LZW (~1mb/page) or Group 4 (~60kb/page) compression, and that can be a big difference.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Greg_Conely
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

If they are separate TIF files within OnBase and then you export it to a single page file, the size will be a bit less for the multipage file.  There may also be a compression applied during the save.  For example, if they are stored within OnBase as Uncompressed (~20mb/page) or JPG compressed (~3mb/page) then get exported out, it will normally use, I believe, LZW (~1mb/page) or Group 4 (~60kb/page) compression, and that can be a big difference.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.