Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Size Limit

Eugene_Stasenko
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello,

My organization uses OnBase 13.0.2.628 SP2 and we recently put new printers into place that scan with color.  Since the scans are now done in color, the file sizes are larger and several of the multi-page documents are hitting the file size limit.  An example error below: 

WARNING!!!! Document too large to send via e-mail. Max attachment size set to 50000000

Is there a way to increase this setting in OnBase or would it be better to switch our scanning back to black/white?  My understanding is that the 50,000,000 is in bits which comes out to 6.25MB.  The rough allowable mail limit should be somewhere around 20MB.  If you could help me find the setting, I'd appreciate it.

Thank You,

Eugene

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Glenn_Vose1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

if you are using Distribution service to email these out then this setting can be adjusted in Hyland.Core.Distribution.NTService.exe.config file.  The adjustemnt that would need to be made is on the line smtpSettings maxMessageSize="50000000".  The configuration file states <!-- Testing has shown e-mail message sizes > 60MB cause undesired effects on system performance -->

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Erik_Aku
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello I am expiriencing the same as Eugene. If Exchange is set to send and recieve 40MB how can it by an exchange problem? Has the issue been identified?

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Erik - the exchange settings are not OnBase settings.  Exchange settings are set by your network people to prevent the clients from overwhelming the e-mail server and preventing everyone from e-mailing.  Complaining about not being able to push monster sized documents through exchange is like someone saying that they should be able to print via the network printer all day every day, since no on else is important enough to ever need to print.  Documents of that size are not meant to be sent via standard e-mail.  Either you need to find another method - maybe ftp or you need to reduce the size of your documents.  Staying away from color unless it is absolutely necessary (required by law?) is one way to do this. 

Glenn_Vose1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

if you are using Distribution service to email these out then this setting can be adjusted in Hyland.Core.Distribution.NTService.exe.config file.  The adjustemnt that would need to be made is on the line smtpSettings maxMessageSize="50000000".  The configuration file states <!-- Testing has shown e-mail message sizes > 60MB cause undesired effects on system performance -->