cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Data Set Performance

Not applicable

If we have an OnBase online customer, what kind of performance would we see using an external data set to bring in around 36,000 rows? Is this cached in any way by the application server or is a query performed every time a user would interact with a keyword using that data set?

I'm looking for more of a general answer, considering there are many variables that determine overall network speed. 

The goal would be to have a data set that would pull the database primary key so an external auto-fill (from the same DB) could populate other keywords.

2 REPLIES 2

Frank_Medina
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello Good sir,

I believe that the query would be run every time the drop list is accessed because I am pretty sure that this functions the same way as an external autofill keyword set. I believe that the issue with caching the data is that how often should it be re-queried and OnBase wouldn’t want to store incorrect data if the cached autofill was out of date so rather than cache it they have it run the query every time.

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I don't have the full picture, but as a matter of general system design, I can't see any valid reason to have a dropdown listbox (aka: dataset in onbase) that contains 36,000 elements.  Is that what you're really trying to do?