cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Config File in Imported Assembly

Paul_Crockett
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have a DLL I created in Visual Studio that I've imported into OnBase Studio using Import Assembly. Is it possible for this DLL to pull its setting from an external app.config file so I can change settings without having to import a new version of the assembly?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Paul,

Your other option would be use a Virtual eform. Using the eform would allow you to create a document in OnBase that would have your configuration setting. The setting would be in the form of keywords so when the script executes you could get the eform with your configuration. This would allow you to change the keywords at any time without updating the DLL. This method would also guarantee that the configuration is available throughout OnBase without maintaining a separate external configuration file. Furthermore, this would also ensure that your configuration does not get lost during an upgrade as it will be stored in OnBase.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable
I think the only support for something like this is to put the settings in the config items sections with in OnBase Studio and retrieve it from the ConfigurationManager in the SDK.

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Paul,

Your other option would be use a Virtual eform. Using the eform would allow you to create a document in OnBase that would have your configuration setting. The setting would be in the form of keywords so when the script executes you could get the eform with your configuration. This would allow you to change the keywords at any time without updating the DLL. This method would also guarantee that the configuration is available throughout OnBase without maintaining a separate external configuration file. Furthermore, this would also ensure that your configuration does not get lost during an upgrade as it will be stored in OnBase.