cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Autofill's to MSSQL stored procedure

Not applicable

has anyone tried calling a single parameter stored procedure with the external autofill select command?  I'm planning a project and hoped someone could validate that it works before i waste cycles checking it out.

Basically i want to use the following sql command  in the configuration window which will return the necessary fields in the appropiate order.

exec sp_getCustKeywords @primary;

4 REPLIES 4

Andy_Mears
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Yes this can work. You may need to add single quotes ' ' around @primary

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Jim,

You can indeed call out to a stored procedure for an external AFKS. The syntax you have should work just fine.

Ansley

Is there a trick to getting a stored procedure call to work in version 15? No matter what I try I get a 7366 error: Possible datatype mismatch. Check to see if @primary needs to be placed in single quotes.

Thomas_Poston
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I realize this post is 10 years old, but I was successful in calling a stored procedure from an external autofill sql call. However, due to the abstraction in the procedure (calling to a procedure in Banner that used a wrapped api to call to D2L) we had to use 'with results sets' and define each data type (e.g column name nvarchar(50)), in the returned row for it to work. We're on OnBase 18 with SQL 2012. Ymmv.