cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting a flat file including MIKG

Geoff_Stafford
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I am trying to export a flat file that includes keywords from a MIKG. When I run the export flat file it includes all of the keywords that are not in the MIKG but only the first instance of the ones that are. Is there a way around this?

5 REPLIES 5

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Geoff,

The Create Keyword List functionality in the OnBase Client will only display the first instance of a keyword value. Because of this, your export will only contain the first record set from your Multi-Instance Keyword Type Group. 

The Report Services module's Query Generator or the Reporting Dashboard module would allow for you to create a report to display and export the information in a MiKTG (and other types of keywords). Alternatively, you could write a SQL query to extract the data from the database. Our Database Reporting Guide offers information on the tables and columns that relate to keywords. I would recommend that someone with experience writing SQL actually write and/or review the query. 

Hope that helps.

Ansley

What about assigning the keywords to properties and then pulling the properties into the flat file, would that work instead of having to go through an SQL Query or the report services (we don't have licensing for the report services and I'd prefer to avoid using an SQL query unless I absolutely have to.).

The sql to export from an MIKG is pretty basic, since the Hyland structure stores everything from 1 MIKG in the same table. Kudos to Hyland for good DB design here. If that still seems daunting then your DBA should be able to do this.

Brendan_Altman2
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

You can also Export all instances of a MIKG (and any other keywords in the document) with Unity API.

as a Unity or Workflow task.