Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when importing assembly

Sam_Walker
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Preface: I am using OnBase 14.

I am trying to find a way to combine/merge multiple PDF documents a single PDF. If this is something that can be done without the use of third party software, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll continue..

My company has a license for "PDFTron", a third party DLL that allows you to modify PDFs. I downloaded the DLL. I loaded OnBase Configuration, clicked Queries > Unity > Tools > Import Assembly. From there, I browsed to the DLL, then clicked Next, at which point I received this error message:

If the above screenshot did not attach properly, the error message box's title is "Error Validating Assembly", and the text of the message is "Assembly not supported." And it includes the address of the file : C:\PDFNetDotNet4\PDFNetDotNet4\Lib\PDFNet\x86\PDFNet.dll

Has anyone else received this error? If anyone has any ideas on why this would appear, please let me know. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Chris_Tucker
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Sam,

Unfortunately, that error is the generic error message shown when an exception is thrown during setup of the import process. The setup process creates a folder in the temp directory, and copies all of the files from the folder containing the DLL being imported, and all subfolders of that folder, to the folder in the temp directory. You may want to check your permissions to the folder containing the DLL and make sure that you have privileges to copy the files in it. You can also check that you have privileges to create folders in the temp directory. Another thing you could try is copying the DLL and its references to a separate folder with no other files or subfolders, and import the DLL from that folder.

If neither of those suggestions work, you may want to contact your first line of support. They will be able to provide better assistance.

Chris

Zolt_Seregi
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
By coincidence, I’m also using a 3rd party dll for working with PDF documents and got same error and found this post.
Our DLL is COM and not .NET, though. The fix was simple, copy dll to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder. if it doesn't work with simple file copy, also try regsvr32. This worked because I had a .net wrapper class in Unity Script to load dll.
I just posted here as a courtesy for others who might stumble upon this post with similar problem. BTW, were you able to fix your issue?

Grant_Kew
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Guys, 

I know this thread is pretty old, but I had a similar issue and it was because my dll that I built was referencing other dll's and they were not included in the import folder. 

Fabian_Serna
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Yo también tuve un problema similar importando desde el servidor, instale OnBase Studio en mi maquina, la cual si tiene los framework y visual Studio instalado y funciono, pienso que es otra alternativa de solución y dejo el comentario ya que puede ser clave para la solución del error.