Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "Unable to load DLL <>: The specified module could not be found."

Denise_Gemesio
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi everyone!

I'm reopening an old question that was resolved here.

The problem is slightly different now. I still have my two DLL files that I have to copy/paste in the "bin" directory of the AppServer, but this time this didn't resolve the problem. I get the error "Unable to load DLL 'PdfSecureAPI.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)".

And when I try to register the DLLs with "regsvr32 'C:\<path.dll>'", I get the error: "The module '<path>.dll' was loaded but the call to DIIRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005.".

Another difference with the last time I configured the Unity script and its libraries is that I am installing everything for a demo, it's not a test/production environment like the last project.

Do you think there is a solution for this? We would really like to demonstrate our module in presentations.

Thank you very much in advance and have a nice week!

Denise

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Paul_Lloyd
Employee
Employee

For the error Unable to load DLL 'PdfSecureAPI.dll'... , presumably PdfSecureAPI.dll is a dependent file that your dll requires. I think the search order for dlls is:

• Current Directory (AppServer\bin)
  • System Directory (C:\Windows\system32 or c:\Windows\SysWOW64)
  • PATH environment 

So if the file is elsewhere, it won't be picked up.  Or maybe it's part of the installation of a 3rd party component or library that is not installed ?

For the error when running regsvr32.exe, confirm that the Windows Account you are using has sufficient permissions to update the registry (the error code is Access Denied). If you're not already, try running it as Administrator

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Paul_Lloyd
Employee
Employee

For the error Unable to load DLL 'PdfSecureAPI.dll'... , presumably PdfSecureAPI.dll is a dependent file that your dll requires. I think the search order for dlls is:

• Current Directory (AppServer\bin)
  • System Directory (C:\Windows\system32 or c:\Windows\SysWOW64)
  • PATH environment 

So if the file is elsewhere, it won't be picked up.  Or maybe it's part of the installation of a 3rd party component or library that is not installed ?

For the error when running regsvr32.exe, confirm that the Windows Account you are using has sufficient permissions to update the registry (the error code is Access Denied). If you're not already, try running it as Administrator

Perfect, thank you very much!

It's actually only the AppServer\bin path that wasn't taken into account.

I added the DLLs to Windows\system32 and it worked. I've told the resolution to a colleague and he told me that if the folder AppServer\bin is not part of the Environment Variables, then the DLLs won't in fact be taken into account.

Anyway, thank you for your answer! 🙂

Have a nice day!

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.