cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code -65 when deleting document

Matti_Pellinen1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

From time to time a VBScript, which task is to delete a document and ensure some other things are also done, gives me an error -65 from call: objThickClientAPI.mzDeleteDocument() This does not happen every time, and previously, this script has been working pretty well. What is -65? Is it something to do with user rights? - I'm just assuming because we have another user right issue as well, which is equally annoying.  -Mpe

7 REPLIES 7

This error is still coming in some workstations. It seems to be connected to the user rights in the workstation. That's because in another workstation, where the user has administrator rights, there is no error either. And when I log in as workstation administrator, I don't get the error but the user does.

Users have been doing fine because they know that in some workstations they can not delete documents. However, it would be nice to get it work.

The OnBase Thick Client is started from a shortcut which points to the same server from every workstation, so the 'installation' is identical.

What are the rights that user needs at the local workstation? I cannot simply grant everybody admin rights.

-Mpe

Hi Mpe

As mentioned, it would be best to troubleshoot this issue outside Community Posting. I would suggest contacting your first line of Support for this issue.

Matti_Pellinen1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi everyone,

And thanks for replies. The hitlist is "fresh", so it's out of question that another user has deleted the file a few seconds ago. So it's either a script or user rights issue. Right now it doesn't seem to a problem or it has disappeared. If it comes up again and I'm able to reproduce it, I'll investigate it further based on these tips.