cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code -65 when deleting document

Matti_Pellinen1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

From time to time a VBScript, which task is to delete a document and ensure some other things are also done, gives me an error -65 from call: objThickClientAPI.mzDeleteDocument() This does not happen every time, and previously, this script has been working pretty well. What is -65? Is it something to do with user rights? - I'm just assuming because we have another user right issue as well, which is equally annoying.  -Mpe

7 REPLIES 7

Steve_Reed
Employee
Employee

This error code means 'Document Not Found' - in the case of the mzDeleteDocument() API method, it means that the passed-in document handle doesn't exist in the database.

Ok, but the error occurs when a user selects a document from the hitlist and executes the VBScript. So I don't believe that the document handle doesn't exist - otherwise it wouldn't be on a fresh hitlist. It's strange because user don't get this error every time. But thanks for this tip anyway. I have to further investigate if they keep on having trouble with this. -Mpe

Rich_Ruiz
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
One possibility may be that another user or process has deleted the document after the list was generated. Not likely I guess but worh considering.

Tyler_Sorber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Mpe

This issue looks to be outside the scope of what can easily be solved within the API Forums.  As Steve has mentioned, this issue is caused by the Document not being found, which seems to be strange with the description of how the script is being executed.

To give my initial thoughts, there is the possibility that the Document has already been deleted by another user and the Hit List is outdated.  Another thought is a particular permission that is misconfigured. 

If you are still receiving this -65 error, please contact your first line of technical support.  They can then look deeper into the script being used, as well as attempt to replicate the issue.  If needed, they can also dial into your system to see the issue first hand.