cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP3 Diagnostics truncates log messages, even in detail view

Jedidiah_Brigh1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I'm attempting to view the full SQL query being executed by a particular OnBase activity, and the query is being truncated by the Diagnostics Console, even when viewed via detail view. This happens when viewed in the console or logging to external file. I don't recall this happening in v18, but I also may not have been viewing a query that long. The character limit appears to be 2048.

Is there a workaround for this?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jedidiah Brightbill ,

While it might not be documented in the MRG, this is functioning to specification with 20.3.15.1000 and higher.  The default character limit is 2048 as you referenced.  To get around this limit, you can update the Hyland.Logging configuration key adding the TruncateLogValues attribute.

Here is an example for XML based applications (e.g. Web Server, Application Server, etc) which use the web.config 

<Hyland.Logging TruncateLogValues="4096">

Here is an example for JSON based application (e.g. Hyland Diagnostics, Hyland IDP, etc) 

"Hyland.Logging": {  "TruncateLogValues": "4096",  "Routes": {    "DiagnosticsConsole-Errors": {      "Http": "http://localhost:8989",      "minimum-level": "Verbose"    }  }}

You can set it to any value you would like, or set it to 0 which will disable the truncation.

Best wishes.

View answer in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Pete Hanson ,

From the looks of it you have an extraneous < character ...

<<Hyland.Logging TruncateLogValues="4096">

Best wishes.