cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMC Data domain retention lock VS KOMpliance ?

Carl_Vincent
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Somebody use these software to prevent alteration of documents ?

What is the pros or cons about these two software ?

KOMpliance have an integration with OnBase, is a better software for that ?

Thanks about your concern.

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the post.

I guess my response is based on what you mean when you say "documents".  Are you referring to the document in OnBase (ie the metadata in the database and the files in the Disk Groups) or the files as they exist in the Disk Groups?  if you are referring to the documents then I would say that you could manage the users security in OnBase so that only specific users have the permissions to alter the documents. 

If you are referring to the files which exist in the Disk Groups, I would ask, what are you trying to accomplish with this?  In general, files in the Disk Groups are not altered unless done outside of OnBase.  Altered files (ie markups, revisions, etc) create new files in the Disk Groups stored in the latest volume.  If you are looking to prevent users from altering files, you could use Distributed Disk Services (DDS) for Thick Client user in order to limit access to the Disk Groups.  DDS will allow you to create a proxy for the Thick Client users in order to prevent users from having direct UNC access.  Users using the Core products via the Application Server are already accounted for as they don't have direct access to the Disk Groups.

Hopes this helps.

View answer in original post

Patrick_Mulcahy
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Carl,

We utilize KOMpliance with in Cloud Services at Hyland  exactly for the resons you listed above. The KOM devices and software ensure that no one is changing\deleting the file even outside of the OnBase Software. We utilize KOM obviously for the integration that OnBase has with it but also it was much simpler from an installation\administration setup than some of the other products we looked at.

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Carl, we are currently evaluating the same two solutions, what did you end of going with?

Thanks,

Dan_Lein
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Is a Distributed Disk Services license required when implementing the KOMpliance solution?

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.