cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation for updating the Test environment

Leah_Rice
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Since Go-Live we have made many changes to Production and not always followed up in Test. We want to copy the Prod environment to Test.
Question: Do you have comprehensive instructions for copying our Production environment to Test?

8 REPLIES 8

Jin_Sua
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Adam, thanks for your reply.

I understand that you can can export workflows however, the problem we face is that we use keyword numbers in our E-Forms, which is why we would like to get the keywords to be the same between the Test and Prod databases and not just the workflow configurations.  

Is it possible to pick and choose what you restore instead of doing a full database restoration to avoid redirecting paths and so on?

Thank you.

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

May I ask why you use keyword numbers in your e-forms? Usually it's better to use keyword names I think, because keyword names rarely change, but the numbers can vary between dev, test, prod, etc. environments.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Jin,

If you use keyword numbers on your E-Forms than you would have to update them accordingly in your TEST environment once they are moved.  We do not have a method to pick and choose which configurations are exported at this time other than allowing you to export specific life cycles instead of all of your Workflows.

Since your TEST and PROD environments are not in sync in regards to keyword numbers, what you could do is change your E-Forms to utilize the keyword name instead.  This way it would not matter if the keyword numbers are the same.  The other option would be to keep your Test Environment in sync so that they are the same.  Then you would alleviate the issue as well.

Take care.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Jin,

If you wanted to create a synced Test Environment, you could use Configuration Migration.  This will create a Test Environment with the same keyword numbers along with all of the other associated Configuration.

Take care.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.