cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Merge

Debra_Christens
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
I am looking to find a way to merge documents with matching keywords together into a single document. Is there a way to do that using the scripting in a workflow? I looked at the Hyland SDK documentation and couldn’t find anything, but thought I might be searching on the wrong terms. If not through a workflow script, do you have any other suggestions on how this could be accomplished? I am guessing it would require use of the SDK, since I am not aware of a built in function for this anywhere.
10 REPLIES 10

Rob_Herman
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

This is certainly possible to do from a Unity Script within Workflow. In brief, you will use a DocumentQuery to get the matching documents, a DataProvider to get the PageData, and finally Document.Imaging.AddPage() or AddPages() to add the pages to the primary document. For the last step, the page in the SDK entitled "Updating Documents" should have this information along with example code.

Debra_Christens
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Thanks for the suggestion! I will give it a try.

Melissa_Colema2
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Is there a method to merge documents manually when using Unity 13?

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Melissa,

Please refer to Rob's posting as it is the same procedure for merging in v13.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.