Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Scanning into OnBase

Jaime_Perez1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Everyone

We are trying to configure our Xerox Workcentre 7435 scanners to be able to scan directly in OnBase scan queues, creating batch files.  Is it possible to do this?  I know we can scan to network folders and then sweep the folders onto OnBase. We want to eliminate the network folders if we can. Thank you for your help.

6 REPLIES 6

Marcus_Christi6
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

The only network scanner that supports the scenario that you're talking about, that I'm aware of, is the Fujitsu 6010N Network Scanner, for which OnBase has a direct integration module.  Others such as the HP and Xerox brands would have to either (A) be managed by a sweep/scan from disk workstation or (B) use Autostore or eCopy as noted in the previous suggestion, which would have a direct integration to OnBase.  But even the Autostore/eCopy route requires some type of workstation or app server to receive the documents if I recall (haven't looked at it in a while).

Jaime_Perez1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Everyone

Thank you very much for all your replies and your help.  We now have a better understanding on what we need to do to get our patient records into OnBase. Looks like we will be scanning to network folders/directories after all and then setting timers on the scan queues to sweep the directories and bring the documents into OnBase.  It will still be a one step process for us to get the documents in. 

Thank you all.