Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Scanning into OnBase

Jaime_Perez1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Everyone

We are trying to configure our Xerox Workcentre 7435 scanners to be able to scan directly in OnBase scan queues, creating batch files.  Is it possible to do this?  I know we can scan to network folders and then sweep the folders onto OnBase. We want to eliminate the network folders if we can. Thank you for your help.

6 REPLIES 6

Jaime,

It looks like Xerox provides a TWAIN driver for this scanner (here: http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-7425-7428-7435/file-download/enus.html?operatingSyst...)

If you install the TWAIN driver, you should be able to set the scanner up as a TWAIN source in OnBase (if you have a document imaging license on the workstation that is attached to the scanner) and then scan directly into OnBase.

(I only see an x64 driver - not sure if they also provide an x86 driver so you may have to do this on a 64bit OS)

Hi Steve

Thank you for your reply.  Connecting the Xerox directly to a document imaging licensed workstation is not an option for us.  All of our Xerox scanners are networked and also used as printers, fax, scan, etc.  What we wanted to do is setup a local button and template on the Xerox to be able to scan directly into OnBase without having to use the workstation to initiate the scan.  The scan would be initiated at the scanner console.  A document imaging license would need to be assigned to the network scanner.  Is this possible?

Thank you

No - unfortunately this won't work (we would need to be able to connect directly to the scanner from a designated workstation and be able to treat it as a TWAIN, ISIS or Kofax device).  I think the best option for you would be to use the network scanner to scan to a shared disk location, and have an OnBase client setup to automatically sweep from this folder based on either a timed schedule or a polled schedule.

Mike_Saville
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Have you looked into the eCopy Sharescan or AutoStore Route?  From my understanding those are two software components that work on Xerox MFPs and OnBase has integrations with those two products.  Those integrations allow for direct scanning and indexing into OnBase, but I don't know if they support creating batches right off hand.  I would contact your first line of support to investigate those options.