Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIP OnBase 9.2

Deb_Sutfin
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello,

When doing a dip and a file is corrupted,  It will do a partial import on other documents on the batch but does not delete the ones that were processed.  Is there a way to change this default such that it will delete what was processed?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

Hi Lulu,

Unfortunately, DIP does not currently have a way to automate the deletion process of a partial batch of files. DIP simply is designed to bring in all available documents. The easiest thing to do in order to correct your problem would be to edit the index file to remove the corrupted documents and purge the previously imported batch of documents that reside under the 'Incomplete Commit' folder within your DIP Queue. Once those steps have been completed, simply re-run the DIP Process with the corrected index file and all of the documents listed within your DIP index file will be brought into the system, minus the corrupted files that you removed.

I hope this answers your question. If this is not what you were hoping to delete from the process, please provide me with some additional information as to what you were hoping to accomplish and I will be glad to help you find a solution and/or answers to your questions.

Thank you,

Meghan Antolik 

A word of caution--if there are more images than enteries  in the text file you will not know if there is a discrepency.  The report will indicate if there is a missing image for a corresponding text entry in the import file  ( I made an SRA request that was turned down to have the verification report reflect both of these errors and not just the latter)

What I do when we were having issues is not check the box to autocommit to workflow  I elect to manual commit after confirming the verification report.  That way if there was an error, I could purge and re import the DIP file/images.  Once I gain confidence I let them come in and join workflow if I choose to have that happen.

You can build in some logic in workflow to catch duplicates but you have to be careful, you may want duplicate document type/keywor values for a day --for example an adendum, or a medical record sharing a document type for that encounter.

I agree the DIP process is great---until you have a file that does not match your import of images OR there is a network gltich and only a partial batch was imported.