cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIP - Issues creating a New Revision - PDF Document Type

Lisa_Reisinger
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We have configured an ordered DIP to run and I have selected the checkbox "Append Additional Pages to New Revision of Existing Document." 

We are trying to DIP PDF documents and create a revision but it's created a new document instead. In our dip batch we have two documents with the same exact keywords  ( different full path name) that we want to create a revision on in OnBase.  One document is the original, the other document is an annotated version. 

Can anyone tell me how I can  set this up to create a new revision.  Can you create a revision on a PDF in the DIP?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ashish_Srivasta
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Few questions:

1) Are you importing the primary document and its revision in same batch? Have you tried importing primary in one batch and revision in second batch?

2) Have you configured the doctype to allow multiple revisions under Revisions/ Renditions? Try checking "Always assume new revision rather than prompt.

3) Have you added >> Revision in index file and setting it as 1,2,3 for revisions? Please share one sample line of index file.

4) Can you share the error in Sys Verification Report if you see the revisions are not getting created? 

5) Do you have more than one keyword to uniquely identify the document? For example you are uploading legacy mortgage applications with attachments that can have revisions, Mortgage number can uniquely identify the application but the attachments with the application may be more than one per mortgage application so for attachments, mortgage number alone is not unique but a combination of keywords can make it unique like mortgage number and file name

Kind Regards,

Ashish Srivastava

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ashish_Srivasta
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Few questions:

1) Are you importing the primary document and its revision in same batch? Have you tried importing primary in one batch and revision in second batch?

2) Have you configured the doctype to allow multiple revisions under Revisions/ Renditions? Try checking "Always assume new revision rather than prompt.

3) Have you added >> Revision in index file and setting it as 1,2,3 for revisions? Please share one sample line of index file.

4) Can you share the error in Sys Verification Report if you see the revisions are not getting created? 

5) Do you have more than one keyword to uniquely identify the document? For example you are uploading legacy mortgage applications with attachments that can have revisions, Mortgage number can uniquely identify the application but the attachments with the application may be more than one per mortgage application so for attachments, mortgage number alone is not unique but a combination of keywords can make it unique like mortgage number and file name

Kind Regards,

Ashish Srivastava

Ashish,

You helped me out- I wasn't setting my revision in the index file. (Rookie mistake). Thank you!

Glad to be of help, Lisa!

For others, it would be nice if you share index file entries so that the thread can help them also if they find the same issue!

Kind Regards,

Ashish Srivastava