cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting an used document type group

Angela_Ortega
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

What is the proper procedure to delete a Document Type Group and Report(s) that are no longer needed in OnBase?

I have attempted to delete the Document type group but am getting a message that docuemnts exist for the group? I have already deleted the reports themselves from OnBase client and the document maintenance.

thank you,

3 REPLIES 3

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi.

You will need to make sure that all documents associated with the Document Type Group have been deleted.  As well, you will need to delete/remove all of the document types associated with the Document Type Group before you can delete it.

Take care.

Angela_Ortega
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Im still getting the message that the document exits. I have also removed it from the Trash? What else could I be missing?

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

If you deleted all of the documents of the document types associated with the document type group, then OnBase will allow you to delete the document type group.  This means that there are still documents associate with document types in the document type group. 

Can you verify that the user you are logging into OnBase has permissions to all of the document types in the document type group?  It is possible that the user does not have permissions and therefore you do not see the documents to delete.  You can verify that the user has permissions in Config under User | Usergroups | <select the MANAGER user group> | Document Types.