cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deconversion - Locking Modification to Subset of Documents for all Document Types

Adam_VanSlyke
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello, 

We will be undergoing a deconversion off OnBase which involves the export of all documents and associated keyword values. The export will be performed in two 'cuts'. The first 'cut' will contain the majority of the documents and data. The second 'cut' will have a smaller amount of documents and data.

I'm curious if anyone is aware of any creative methods of locking down modifications/changes to the documents/keyword values after the first data export has been performed to prevent changes to the data that has been exported from the system but will still exist in OnBase.

We are looking to prevent modifications to documents/data that has already been exported. We are concerned that a user may modify a document after it has already been exported and that modification not be available in the new system.

Thanks all -- please let me know if any additional elaboration is needed.

1 REPLY 1

Melissa_Foster
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

You can export the documents and then through override privileges remove the ability to modify the document type.  However, if the same document types will be used between cut 1 and cut 2, I would recommend re-indexing the cut one documents to a new document type after export that does have the modify rights removed.