cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database version mismatch. Expecting 3.5.421 found 3.5-441

Austin_Barber1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Everyone. I'm not sure how I did this, but somehow our development database for OnBase 18 got updated to 3.5-441. I have a QA server that I'm performing the EP5 update on. I've updated that database version successfully on the QA server and can log in to configuration. Both our DEV and QA databases are on the same SQL instance. If I update one does that update the other automatically? I wouldn't think so, but maybe I'm wrong. Is there an easy way to roll back the database version to schema 3.5-421?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Dominique_Pluch
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Austin,

You asked "Is there an easy way to roll back the database version to schema 3.5-421?"

Prior to upgrade , it is easy to backup your DB. You could restore it easily.

Regarding your message 'Database version mismatch. Expecting 3.5.421 found 3.5-441', you get it when you run Client or Configuration for the first time after installation of the new version of this software. This message might be severe but this warning just come before to propose to upgrade the DB. It is the normal way of upgrading. After that the Configuration or Client will be at the same version level that the DB.

Dom.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

No. If you upgrade only the one database, then it will upgrade that one only.

Thanks for confirming Ryan.

Dominique_Pluch
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Austin,

You asked "Is there an easy way to roll back the database version to schema 3.5-421?"

Prior to upgrade , it is easy to backup your DB. You could restore it easily.

Regarding your message 'Database version mismatch. Expecting 3.5.421 found 3.5-441', you get it when you run Client or Configuration for the first time after installation of the new version of this software. This message might be severe but this warning just come before to propose to upgrade the DB. It is the normal way of upgrading. After that the Configuration or Client will be at the same version level that the DB.

Dom.

Thanks Dom. I talked with our DB team and we are going to restore it to a few days ago.