Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database tables hsi.temp_ and hsi.tempXML_

Johnson_Dean
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello all,

No issue but looking to see what the tables are for and if they need to remain in the database.  Looking over them there is nothing in these tables and we do not know what creates them.  Only looking for what is creating them and if they really need to remain in the Database.

We have 888 hsi.temp_[longdatetimestamp] tables - example hsi.temp_20221206194432933
We have 135 hsi.tempXML_[longdatetimestamp] tables - example hsi.tempXML_20220130002829566

7 REPLIES 7

Interesting, I would recommend checking the logs I mentioned for any errors or to at least narrow down which specific service you have that is creating and not removing those. If you are unable to determine what is failing, then I would recommend reaching out to your First Line of Support for further assistance.

Chris_Greger
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hey Dean, 

No specific product creates these tables. Quite a few products create temporary tables in the database.

As for why do you have so many. This sounds like the database user that is creating the temporary tables does not have permission to drop tables from the database.

If you are on OnBase EP1 you may not see any errors in the logs. EP2 or later you should see a message like this and possible more depending on the reason for the failure: "Temporary table "temp_1234" failed to drop while cleaning up resources".

Can they be removed? Yes they can be I would recommend figure out what they are not being dropped first to avoid more being created and not being cleaned up. I would also avoid dropping any temporary tables that are relatively recent just incase they are still being used.

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

@Dean Johnson 

We've noticed something similar where we end up with a bunch of these lingering around but haven't had time to devote to looking into it much since it doesn't seem to cause any issues. I'm curious if you use an Oracle database? We are Oracle users and find on occasion that things don't work correctly with Oracle databases.