Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database tables hsi.temp_ and hsi.tempXML_

Johnson_Dean
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello all,

No issue but looking to see what the tables are for and if they need to remain in the database.  Looking over them there is nothing in these tables and we do not know what creates them.  Only looking for what is creating them and if they really need to remain in the Database.

We have 888 hsi.temp_[longdatetimestamp] tables - example hsi.temp_20221206194432933
We have 135 hsi.tempXML_[longdatetimestamp] tables - example hsi.tempXML_20220130002829566

7 REPLIES 7

Joel_Moore2
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Howdy - 

I'm fairly certain these are all related to the Indexing Service for Hyland Full-Text, but I imagine they should be cleaned up by the service, too. 

If you are utilizing Hyland Full-Text, I'd look in the OnBase Log of whichever server it's running on and see if there's any SQL related permission errors about dropping tables. 

Hope this helps,

Joel 

Thank You for the suggestion.  We have three Full-Text servers running, two point forward and one back log only.  Harder to find which one would be the cause.  SQL specific errors nothing other than NamedPipe failed to connect but there are a lot of these vs the number of TEMP files.  Maybe those cleaned up ok, not sure.

Hi Dean,

For the TEMP_ tables, if you look at the Database tab in Diagnostics for your Full Text Servers (With minimum-level for logging set to Trace), you should see the creation/deletion of the TEMP tables. This may also help you see if it is encountering any errors, or if it is just not deleting the tables.

These tables are working tables for Full Text. They can be created by the Service or by the AppServer (when configuring in FT UI). You will need to run Diagnostics from those to figure out where they are coming from and why they may not be getting deleted.

Here is an example of how the process should work:

68821500acc742f7ac4f285e2d6a7683

For the "TempXML_" tables, can you provide some information on the columns/data that is in those?

The only column is called xmldata

xmldata (XML(,), null) more specifically

Nothing in the table at all.