cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom query

Greg_Garvin
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

can you create a custom query from w/in the clint or do you have to do it in config only?

Thanks

Greg G

4 REPLIES 4

jeremywinters
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Greg -

Custom queries must be defined within config.  At this time they cannot be created in the client.

Michelle_Maldon
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi

I would like to create a custom query to be used by the docpop url creator. I was wondering if keyword variable values could be used with custom written sql queries . For example, I would like the user to be able to send the member id in order to retrieve only the documents that belong to a specific member

jeremywinters
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Michelle -

If you are wondering if keyword variables can be used with a Custom SQL Custom Query, then the answer at this time is no, that functionality is not supported.  However, if you have the Member ID keyword on all the documents that you are trying to search over, you can certainly add the keyword to your docpop string to aid in the retrieval.  The end result would look like this:

http://<<machine_name>>/appnet/docpop/docpop.aspx?KT1_0_0_0=1235&clienttype=activex&cqid=104

This would perform a search for a keyword value (Member ID) of 1235 on Custom Query #104 which was configured as a document type custom query.

Hope that helps!

Michelle_Maldon
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thank you for your answer Jeremy

This is my first time using the DocPop so I guess I have a lot of questions that are pretty basic. I need my custom query to retrieve multiple document types and I was wondering if the custom select needed specific columns to be selected in order to offer me the multiple document types.

Thank you