cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports

Nancy_Leight1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I was wondering if anybody out there uses Crystal Reports.  We are concerned that id we use crystal reports in onbase we won't be able to data mine.  We are also concerned about searching documents, indexing documents, just about everything.  I would love to talk to someone that uses Crystal reports within Onbase.

4 REPLIES 4

Dean_Johnson
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Nancy, can you explain more when you say, "Crystal Reports within OnBase".

We use Crystal Reports 10 and BOE Crystal Reports 11 for a ton of reporting our of OnBase.  We even DIP in data to eforms, use Crystal to report against those eforms to create PDF documens that we then Visual PDF (COLD) them back into OnBase to distribute out to our customers.  That is just one of may uses we use Crystal Reports for.

Dean

Nancy_Leight1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Dean, 

We do not have Crystal installed here.  If we were to import Crystal reports through cold to onbase we are concerned that we won't be able to: Data mine the reports using Monarch, Text search with in the reports, External text search a group of reports,  or use cross referencing feature.  I would love to get you response to these concerns.

Thanks so much - Nancy

Mike_Saville
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

We use Crystal Reports BOE also and we have no issues accessing tables in the OnBase database for reporting purposes.  Just work with the DBA when you setup your userid used for Crystal to have Read-Only access to the database.  The one recommendation I have is to have a reporting instance of the OnBase database.  That way you can run reports anytime you want and there isn't anyway it can effect your production system performance.

Dean_Johnson
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Nancy,

We use Visual PDF to bring in PDF documents, we don't do much with regular Onbase COLD and Text reports.  OnBase opens the PDF's using whatever PDF view is on your system so I am not really sure if it would be able to do any data mining at that point unless you do some form of indexing of the PDF.  Text reports brought in from cold can all be mined. Cross Ref's do work on PDF's you just have to get to them through a menu option rather then double clicking on them.

I am not sure that I answered all your questions because of how we do it compared to how you might want to use your Crystal. If I can help more please let me know.

Dean