cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross reference table for ArchivedQueue Status field

Peter_Scaramuzz
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I found in the documentation in Appendix A regarding the the Status field of the ArchivedQueue. Is there a table in the database that contains a cross reference from the number to the textual queue value? I tried looking in the documentation and the database and could not find anything....

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Michael_Nguyen
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Peter,

If you're going to be maintaining your own table, it's probably more prudent to create another database where you can maintain this table, and synch the data during off-peak times. This will minimize the chances that your data object(s) could adversely impact the OnBase database.

Just a suggestion.

Mike

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Peter_Scaramuzz
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I would agree with Alex's comment. For this particular scenario the case statement would be massive but more importantly if somehow the numbers change or expand it is not reasonable to update these. I was thinking of maintaining my own table in the Onbase Database. Is there any pro's or con's to doing something like that? Could it get potentially wiped out in a DB update?

What's the point of adding clutter and non-onbase data to your onbase database. It is so easy to create another database on the same server and keep the onbase data pristine - why would you do this any other way? You can then create custom queries\views on your DB and reference any data you need from the onbase DB if and when you need it. Note: this still assumes you are an advanced sql user. Just because you are doing view\select only against the onbase database doesn't mean everything is safe. You would still be able to kick off a query that generates a cartesian product and bring the whole server and your production users to their knees.

As for Anil's comments - he's spot on.

Michael_Nguyen
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Peter,

If you're going to be maintaining your own table, it's probably more prudent to create another database where you can maintain this table, and synch the data during off-peak times. This will minimize the chances that your data object(s) could adversely impact the OnBase database.

Just a suggestion.

Mike

I agree. I would make a second database with a table with your translations in it. That way it would not be dropped during an upgrade.
Cross database queries are possible if needed. Generic example:

SELECT a.Val, b.Val
FROM databaseA.dbo.tblFoo a, databaseB.dbo.tblFoo b
WHERE a.apples = b.apples