cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Security Keyword

Andrea_Mena
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I've created security keywords before for external lending auditors to only view certain loan #'s. 
I now work in the Health Industry and I need some assistance configuring security KWs. How do I go about giving a small user group access to modify ONE KW on a document? I don't want them to have the ability to modify all the KWs on the one document, just one.

Thank you! 

6 REPLIES 6

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Security keywords are only used to determine which documents you can view, as far as I know, not to determine which keywords you can modify.

The easiest way to do that might be in workflow. You don't give them rights to directly modify any keywords, but instead build a task in workflow that displays a user form. This will allow them to update the keywords you display on the user form, but nothing else.

If you don't use workflow, there may be another way to do it. Do you want them to be able to see these keywords, but just not update them? Or do you also not want them to be able to see them?

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

I am not sure this is possible with Security Keywords because you are going beyond just viewing documents.

However, this is a very simple workflow solution. Use a System Task and the Display HTML Form (autogen). You can lock it to a specific document (or group of docs) and to specific user groups.

Steps-

1. Create a new System Task in Workflow Studio

a. Assign the Document Type

b. Assign the User group (and your admin group)

c. Create a Single Action (Display HTML Form)

i. set it to Auto Generate

ii. fill in the instructions for the user

iii. choose only 1 of the 3 keywords to display for change

2. Reset the Cache of your Application Server

3. Test in any Client - It should allow the user group to only reindex that specific KW for the specific Document Type.

Unity Client:

Web Client:

I'll try this out, Eric. Thanks so much. 

Andrea_Mena
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks, John. I figured that would be the case. And yes, I would like them to be able to view the KW and not update them.