Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating docpop or formpop urls dynamically

Lachlan_Osborne
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello, 

I'm looking to create docpop/formpop urls without requiring staff to use the docpop url creator themselves or needing to use the send notification/create docpop link in the Unity Client or Workflow. We want this to be an automated process.  Has anyone created any scripts etc. that can pull document IDs and generate docpop links with checksums? I know in the MRG it mentioned POST Forms. I'm looking for something similar. 

We are currently using the Send Notification action in Workflow but there a limitations with distribution service and authentication. Our smtp relays require authentication but we'd like to be able to use different "From" email addresses and Distribution Service cannot do this while authentication is required. You also cannot create a friendly hyperlink using Workflow notifications. Some email clients do not adequately hyperlink the entire docpop link.

Appreciate any advice. 

4 REPLIES 4

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Lachlan,

I commented on an idea that is somewhat similar earlier: https://community.hyland.com/ideas/idea/74616-create-the-ability-to-create-docpop-links-that-have-te...

We're interested in setting the docpop URL to a property so that we can list several docpop links in one notification. 

So unfortunately I can't offer you a solution but I'll be interested to see what other responses you get. Voting up an idea like that one might be our best bet to get an enhancement made to allow this. 

Emerald_Wolford
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi Lachlan,

I am currently working on something similar in that I want to basically mass create DocPop links. I'm not 100% sure this will apply to your situation, but this is what I did.

1) Create a keyword type to hold the URL after it has been created. I named ours "DocPop Link".

We made a keyword type for it because we want to be able to use it for a lot of different things and have it show up when a CSV file is generated on list of items.

2) Assign the keyword type to the doc type(s)

3) In Studio, create a WF action to convert the Document Handle value to a string data type (propDocHandle)

7206082364f64d8ebb039d2530f70575

4) Create a WF action to create the DocPop Link (propDocPopLink)

Set Property to Expression: "https://webserver/datasource/docpop/docpop.aspx?clienttype=html&docid="+%VpropDocHandle

5b5688f95b1f4db7a0c0a21f4ce958de

5) Create WF action to set the propDocPopLink value to the keyword type (DocPop Link)

e8d5e45ceecb4a34968117ec801cada2

After that you are basically done. You can put these actions in system work or an ad hoc task.

You could also have the WF check the file type of the document/item and have it generate a PDFPop or FormPop link instead. You would just need to set up a couple different properties and rules for that.

I hope that helps.

Lachlan_Osborne
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Emerald, 

That would actually be perfect. Do you know if there is a way to generate the checksum  this way? We have checksum enabled to prevent link modifications to limit the risk of  unauthorized access to other documents. 

Thanks for your helpful suggestion! Much appreciated. 

Emerald_Wolford
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi Lachlan,

Unfortunately we do not use checksum. I am not familiar with it. However, I wanted to correct something on my last response. Instead of the second value in the URL being the Data Source, it is actually the web server app pool name. It just so happens that ours is the same name as our data source.  

854dce9d85574aff8b8d1d34d6d7d003

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.