cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count Specific Keywords

Not applicable

We have an issue when a user indexes a document and sometimes puts multiple instances of a keyword onto a document. Since these are patient or encounter level documents, they should be indexed only to one instance of a keyword (such as having only 1 encounter or MRN keyword).

I'm looking for a way to count the instances of a keyword while indexing that will display a message to the user if multiple keywords are added to the document. I'm planning to use a VB Script with a VB Script Hook. The issue is that I cannot get a script that will count the instances of an individual keyword. I can only get it to count the total number of all keywords on a document.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to count an individual keyword and then prompt the user if more than one instance of that keyword is placed on the document?

5 REPLIES 5

Justin_Fandl
Employee
Employee

Robbie,

If your users are using Document Imaging to index these documents, there is a scan queue setting to prevent adding multiple instances of a keyword to a document. Within OnBase Configuration | Import | Scan Queues | <select> | Process Options | 'Indexing' tab | F6/Ctrl+T – Add Keyword. By disallowing this F6 or double click functionality users should be unable to add multiple instances of keywords. The one caveat to this is that it isn't for a specific keyword type and would apply to all keywords on the document, not just the MRN keyword.

There was an enhancement that requested this functionality (SCR 61427) to not allow more than X number of instances of a keyword to a document via some setting at the keyword or document type level but it is not actively being pursued at this time. I found a support issue that references a possible workaround using a SIKG (Single Instance Keyword Group) which would also prevent users from adding multiple instances of keywords to documents. Using this you could add the desired keywords you want to prevent from being duplicated and only have these items in the keyword group.

Hope this helps!

Mike_Saville
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

We had a similar issue.  I wrote a VBScript that is executed at "index".  I'm attaching a script that is used to loop through all of the keywords and check for duplicates and future date values.  Be aware that another reason you might be seeing duplicate keyword types is that if a user indexes one document and then supplies keywords for the next document and accidently hits "append" instead of "index", the two documents become one with extra keywords.  This script can't stop that because there is no scripthook for the "append".

Thanks for your responses on this.

The F6/Add Keyword is already disabled. I believe most the issue is when a user locks the keywords and then uses the Encounter reverse auto lookup to select a new encounter.

I believe the script that Mike has provided will work for our needs. Thanks for sharing!

Not applicable

I've made some modifcations on the code that Mike provided and got this to work. Again, thanks for your responses!