Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Field Order on Doc Type Keyword Updater

David_Hoffman
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello all,

We're on version 11 and at least in this version there is no option to copy Field Order from document type to document type in a document type keyword update job.  I've run into scenarios where a global update job would be problematic and the only solution is to query the database to get the list of doc types impacted and create a document type keyword update job for all the document types.  When there are only 4 or 5 types, it's not a concern.  When there are 200-300 types and there are 3 or 4 search values per document type, the chance of error is great.

Does anyone know if 13 or 14 has added the ability to copy Field Order configuration (like in building DIP)?  We're planning on an upgrade to either 13 or 14 later this year and this would definitely be deciding factor for 14 or 13 if 14 offers this.

thank you,

-David

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen_Wanhell
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I've got the same problem, and there doesn't seem to be an easy solution.  

I know this was posted some time ago, but I created this idea to ask for this functionality.  Feel free to upvote it.

https://community.hyland.com/ideas/idea/87110-add-copy-configuration-to-keyword-updater