cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Search Results Order in Multiple OnBase Applications

Robin_Ludwig
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We are upgrading to v11.0.2 with the Thick Client, Web client, Outlook Integration 2010 and Office Business Application 2010.  Currently with v10, the search results come back differently for all 4 applications and returns are using the Auto-name string as the "Name" on the hitlist. I have been asked to ensure result list continuity amongst all applications with the "date of document" KW to identify the results order.  How do I configure retrieval lists for all applications to present in a specific result order?  I am hoping that this can be done in Configuration for all applications.

Thanks! Smile

10 REPLIES 10

Justin_Fandl
Employee
Employee

The retrieval list sort order is configured on a per document type basis. You can find this within OnBase configuration under Document | Document Types | Settings | Retrieval List Sort Order. There are a number of different options listed that can be used. They include:

• Most Recent Date First (Document Date Descending)
  • Oldest Date First ( Document Date Ascending)
  • Last Stored First (Document Handle Descending)
  • First Stored First (Document Handle Ascending)
  • None

This should be respected in all clients. Hope this helps!

Justin

Robin_Ludwig
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Our organization is document date driven, meaning it is necessary to do a blind/date range search/retrieve by the "Date of Document" keyword value indexed when document is uploaded. The options above only allow sorting by the date the document was uploaded or the document handle.  We are new to OnBase and our users are going through hardcopy/electronic and emails then uploading documents that are sometimes more than a year old. For retrieval purposes none of the options above will give a hitlist according to the exact date of the document. Is is possible to have the results list sortable by a keyword value? Below are two screenshots of retreival lists using two of the above Retrieval List Sort Order options.  You can see our concern by the random dates in the retrieval lists.

We recently incorporated DocPop and were able to write a custom query that allows the "Date of Document" keyword value as a sortable column. Is it possible to have a custom query be a default - meaning the end-user does not have to chose the custom query to retrieve -  for the four OnBase applications?

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

In standard document retrieval, you cannot sort the results by a keyword value. If you need to sort by a keyword value, I would recommend using a custom query.

In some clients you can configure the Custom Query interface to be displayed by default when a user logs in.

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

[quote user="John Anderson"]In standard document retrieval, you cannot sort the results by a keyword value.

Unless you add the keyword to the Autoname...   then the default alpha sort would include that keyword in the sort function.