cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to configure multiple HL7 Senders?

Richard_DiDomen
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I need to perform a mass (DIP) import with HL7 and can't have it cause normal production HL7 delays. I can get an additional Epic Bridges interface to handle the bulk DIP load, but I can't find a way to stop the bottlenecking of outgoing messages within OnBase.

2 REPLIES 2

Anthony_Boyd
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I'm pretty sure you can't have multiple HL7 senders but you can have DIP perform the HL7 send for the documents you are importing through this DIP job. You would need to create the additional hl7 destination and then configure the HL7 options on the DIP job to use the new destination.  This will cause the DIP client to perform the HL7 send vs queuing it for the HL7 Sender service.  We had to do this a few years ago and it worked out great.  

Bradley_Weingar
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

One way to work around this would be as follows:

1. Ensure you have a way to distinctly identify the documents that are part of the bulk load.

2. Do not add documents to workflow during DIP processing, to prevent them from clogging outbound HL7. If you have workflow actions that are required for the bulk load documents you'll have to find another way to work around this.

3. After the bulk load is complete, generate a flat file using your preferred reporting tool that includes all the required fields for the MDM T02 filing into EPIC.

4. Run that flat file through a Mirth channel (or HL7 utility of your choosing) to either generate the MDMs to a file to be loaded into EPIC or have Mirth connect directly to EPIC.