Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete OnBase Database Documentation

Brendan_Phommat
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Good afternoon,

My name is Brendan and I'm a business intelligence analyst. I'm having trouble finding the full documentation on the OnBase database tables. The MRG I'm using is for Foundation EP2, but it lacks details in regards to a lot of the tables I use.

For example, there's little mention of the 'notetable' and I can't find information for the 'status' field. 

Could someone point in the the right direction to where I could find more information on the database tables?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Assuming you have access, you can search the sys.columns for your field name and then use the object_id to search the sys.objects table.  If you have never done this before a google search on what this can do for you is a good start.

Mark_Queitzsch
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Whilst it is no substitute for detailed documentation, you can discover (with varying success) which tables are being used via the OnBase Client or Config Utility by running them with the -VSQL command-line switch, which logs the SQL queries made in the verbose.txt file, or by anything using the app server by enabling SQL logging and reviewing the Database tab of the Diagnostics Console. Check the Diagnostics Service and Application Server MRGs for your version for details about how to set this up (the logging settings changed substantially from EP1).