cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Based Disk Group Storage

Karen_Bjornset1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Has anyone tested with Cloud type storage for disk groups or is anyone using them that is willing to share pros/cons?  I'm not sure if the capability exists now, but I see some older posts from 2012 that said it wasn't at that time.

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Drew Hargrave , if you are looking for a direct integration for Azure Files like our existing S3 integration, then I would submit an Ideas post for the enhanced feature.  Currently the feature is not available and we would have to rely on using additional tools (like SMB or NFS) for the Cloud Storage in order to allow the files to be accessible.  

Drew_Hargrave
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Appreciate the follow ups on this. I'm not sure this is so much a feature request/idea post as it is certification and best practices for Azure Files. I know we are curious about using Azure Files for Onbase Disk Groups SMB Shares but we know Azure Files is new and would stretch our Onbase Disk Groups from On-Premise Onbase Servers to the Azure Cloud! We are concerned about the stability and implications of hosting Onbase images on a cloud provider like Azure Files. Some documentation and certified configurations, like what you all provide for Microsoft Distributed File Services would be extremely helpful! Something that helps us think through the implications and best practices around hosting Onbase Images on Azure Files SMB Shares. @Adam Shane do you all have a process of providing certification/best practices documentation for infrastructure storage providers like Azure Files?