cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing out a keyset

Antonio_Placido
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have a keyset that should only display distinct values for 2016, 2017 and 2018 for any selected taxing district. It appears that when I loaded the file, it appended the data versus overwriting it. Is there a way for me to just show the distinct values? Do I need to clear it out first then import? If so, how???

Thanks

Tony

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Sebastian_Salom
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi, Antonio,

In the OnBase Configuration client, if you navigate to Keyword->Keyword Types->[select desired keyword]->Settings, there is an option under Data Sets / Drop Down Lists called Only Display Distinct Values. When this option is selected, OnBase will generate the distinct list of values each time the drop-down list is selected. Since this setting can incur a high cost on the database with large lists, it is considered best practice to only use with small lists.

If you would rather replace the current list and with a new one, you can perform the following:

1. In Configuration, navigate to Keyword->Keyword Types->[select desired keyword]->Data Set.
  2. Select the Import button.
  3. Select your import file.
  4. Select the Replace radio button.
  5. Select OK.

More information on configuring Data Sets can be found in the System Administration module reference guide.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thank you!

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Sebastian_Salom
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi, Antonio,

In the OnBase Configuration client, if you navigate to Keyword->Keyword Types->[select desired keyword]->Settings, there is an option under Data Sets / Drop Down Lists called Only Display Distinct Values. When this option is selected, OnBase will generate the distinct list of values each time the drop-down list is selected. Since this setting can incur a high cost on the database with large lists, it is considered best practice to only use with small lists.

If you would rather replace the current list and with a new one, you can perform the following:

1. In Configuration, navigate to Keyword->Keyword Types->[select desired keyword]->Data Set.
  2. Select the Import button.
  3. Select your import file.
  4. Select the Replace radio button.
  5. Select OK.

More information on configuring Data Sets can be found in the System Administration module reference guide.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thank you!