cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use Keyword substring on a date field to autoname folders

Matthew_Brown4
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I ran into a problem on Folder auto-names.  We are trying to autoname our folders by keyword “meeting date”.  Well, it sorts descending which is a problem.  Example:

12/05/1947

12/03/1980

12/01/2005

11/25/2010

11/24/1947

11/23/1948

10/30/2001

10/01/1999

You can see the problem.  The folders sort descendingly by the month, then day, then year.  We want it to sort descending (latest first) by year, month, and day.  We resolved that there are three options to do this…

1)Add another keyword for year and then sort by year. We would have to set up some sort of autofill and then there is still the slight possibility that these could become unsynched.

2)Copy “meeting date” into “document date” and then sort by date.  We’d have to train our users to enter both dates…

3) Create an autoname that parses out the year from the “meeting date” keyword and sort accordingly.  We liked this idea first but here is where we ran into the problem.  We were unable to use the keyword substring function with the date field.  For the autoname we put it %K00191.1%S2.1 but what we saw in the client was 12/05/1947%S7.4 instead of 1947.  Any thoughts? I think it may just be that dates are stored different in the database and therefore substring functions do not work.  I cannot verify this however…

2 REPLIES 2

Nathan_Kossover
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

MB -

There is an "Order Child Folders By" option on the Display tab of Folder Type configuration. One of the options available is to order by Keyword Value Ascending/Descending. You get to specify the keyword type, so you could choose your "Meeting Date" keyword type. This feature was added in OnBase 10.0. Assuming that you're on that version or later and that I'm understanding your question correctly, this configuration option should let you solve your problem without custom coding.

Thank you for your question -

NOK

Djamal_Ait_Oume
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello

have you found how to use keyword substring on a date field to autoname ?

Or other solution

Thanks

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.