Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Print document from Unity

Mahesh_L
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi All,

I am getting the below error while trying to print the a document from Unity 13 Client. I am doing from document retrieval window ---> Select Document ---> Right Click ---> Send To ---> Print. I am using "Manager" id, so i don't think that there will be some access issue. What am i missing here?

Error:

The following documents cannot be printed and will be skipped:

Document Name

With Regards

LMK

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew_Johnson2
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

What is the file type that you are attempting to print?  Usually you get this message if the type does not support printing natively in OnBase.  For example a custom file format or a movie file.

When you open this document does it display inside the Unity Client viewer?

gnomodomal
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
Hello LMK,Thanks for bringing this to our Community.What is the file format of the document you are trying to print? Depending on the format, e.g. .MSG, the print expects to use the native application for that file format to print as will not open in default OnBase viewer.This is the behavior detailed in the Unity Client MRG (page 45), when the printing option is set to use native browser printing:Printing an Electronic Form (E-Form) or HTML document from the DocumentViewer will print the document using Internet Explorer instead of OnBase.Any print formatting styles within the HTML document is preserved.This option only applies to printing done directly from the DocumentViewer (for example, by selecting Send To | Print). When printing from aDocument Search Results list, OnBase will always be used to print thedocument, regardless of whether this option is selected.I hope this gives you some lights on your problem.Eduardo

Mahesh_L
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thanks Andrew and Eduardo.  I am using Unity Client from Citrix.

I am able to print only PDF. Can you please send me the list of file formats which i can print from Unity?.

When i try to print Outlook docs i am getting the below error. 

The following documents cannot be printed and will be skipped:

Document Name

When i try to print word document i am getting the below error

gnomodomal
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Mahesh,

From the Unity Client, only the file format supported by the OnBase Internal Viewer will be "printable", like your PDF files. Other file formats, such as MSGs, you will not be able to print from the OnBase viewer.

To perform this, you will have to open the file using the default application configured for that file format and print from there.

Thanks