cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call methods on wvRelationshipLookup prior to initialization; attempted to call method 'disable'

Derick_Geisend1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Getting an error in a client side 'OnLoad' java script in WorkView.

This worked in our v15 system, but when i upgraded our test environment to v18, this error started popping up.

Here is the code being run:

try
{
    var disputeCloseDate = new Date(Screen.CurrentView.Fields("DisputeCaseDisputeCloseDate").Value);
    alert("disputeCloseDate = " + disputeCloseDate);

var nullDate = new Date('7/4/1776');

if (disputeCloseDate > nullDate)
    {
        Screen.CurrentView.Fields("DisputeCaseDisputeReceivedDate").ReadOnly = true;
        Screen.CurrentView.Fields("DisputeCaseDisputeReceivedDate").ShowLookupButton = false;  // <-- failing here
    }
    else
    {
        disputeReceivedDateField.ReadOnly = false;
        disputeReceivedDateField.ShowLookupButton = true;
    }
}
catch(e)
{
    alert("Error: " + e.message);
}

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Aki_Daiguji
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Derick,

You've already mentioned it in a response to Jeremy's post, but I will reiterate your comment as an answer so I can mark this post as answered:

This issue has been fixed in OnBase v18.0.0.26, on SCR #307977.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jeremy_Moser
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Derick,

I have a couple of questions about what's happening.

1. What exact build of 18 are you currently working with?

There is a possibly related SCR that should be addressed in build 18.0.0.26.

2. Have you tried simply removing the problem line - ShowLookupButton = false. And does the script accomplish the same desired result?

I ask because the Date attribute functions slightly differently in recent versions where Read Only will disable the lookup button, without the need to disable it separately.

Thanks!

we're on 18.0.0.23. API support has gotten back to me and this is a known issue in 18.0.0.23, it has been patched in 18.0.0.26 and I've contacted my FLOS to get the latest release.

When I comment out the line the script executes successfully, I'm not sure if the date picker button is removed, i'll have to check.

Aki_Daiguji
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Derick,

You've already mentioned it in a response to Jeremy's post, but I will reiterate your comment as an answer so I can mark this post as answered:

This issue has been fixed in OnBase v18.0.0.26, on SCR #307977.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.