cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the unity script manipulate the action of unity form?

Tommy_Cheng
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I'm writing a script to manipulate the field of unity form during workflow.  E.g. When the field data is invalid in certain queue of workflow, it can highlight the field.  Can the script do this?

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

JSakers
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Before you turn to the API and custom scripting, look into Unity Custom Actions. 

Custom Actions support Is In Queue and Expression-based conditions,    and the Invalidate Field action. That might do all you need.

-John

View answer in original post

Shane_Cook1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi

Your question appears to imply that the form is already submitted and passing through workflow.  As John mentions, I would recommend validating the form BEFORE the user submits the form.  There is a custom action that can execute a Unity Script while the form is being filled out.  The validation could be done in real-time and ideally improve the efficiency of the process.  If that isn't possible, I would defer to Hyland technical support to advise if custom actions would/could be triggered if the form data is updated without the form being "open". 

Cheers.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JSakers
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Before you turn to the API and custom scripting, look into Unity Custom Actions. 

Custom Actions support Is In Queue and Expression-based conditions,    and the Invalidate Field action. That might do all you need.

-John

Tommy_Cheng
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi, thanks for your suggestion.

But I want to check the repeater field value with regular expression, the custom action seems too simple to do it.

Shane_Cook1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi

Your question appears to imply that the form is already submitted and passing through workflow.  As John mentions, I would recommend validating the form BEFORE the user submits the form.  There is a custom action that can execute a Unity Script while the form is being filled out.  The validation could be done in real-time and ideally improve the efficiency of the process.  If that isn't possible, I would defer to Hyland technical support to advise if custom actions would/could be triggered if the form data is updated without the form being "open". 

Cheers.