cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Desktop Document Imaging using only the Multi-user server, without using another Workstation client?

Héctor_Sánchez
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello, I´m trying to use Desktop Document Imaging in a solution and I was thinking if it´s posible use only the Multi-user server to do this or if I need another Workstation client.

I think that MUS it comes with a WS client embebed, It´s right?

Kind Regards

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Hector,

Thank you for the question. The Multi-user Server license does include a Workstation Client license. This Workstation license allows access to the OnBase Client itself much like the concurrent or named user license does.

In using Document Imaging, you would need to also have either a Production Document Imaging License or a Desktop Document Imaging license to be able to scan/sweep documents into OnBase.

Information on the different licenses available for Document Imaging can be found in the Desktop Document Imaging MRG under the licensing section. The MRG can be referenced here:

https://www.onbase.com/community/onbase_product_communities/m/ob15mrg/16007

Thanks.

Jonathan Finney

Hyland Software Tech Support Team Lead

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Hector,

Thank you for the question. The Multi-user Server license does include a Workstation Client license. This Workstation license allows access to the OnBase Client itself much like the concurrent or named user license does.

In using Document Imaging, you would need to also have either a Production Document Imaging License or a Desktop Document Imaging license to be able to scan/sweep documents into OnBase.

Information on the different licenses available for Document Imaging can be found in the Desktop Document Imaging MRG under the licensing section. The MRG can be referenced here:

https://www.onbase.com/community/onbase_product_communities/m/ob15mrg/16007

Thanks.

Jonathan Finney

Hyland Software Tech Support Team Lead