cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Automation API Script be used to control image viewer zoom while indexing?

Scott_Constanti
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi,

We have OnBase 12 and I was wondering if there was a hook or some way to control the image zoom while manual indexing.

Example:

1. Document gets scanned and goes to Awaiting Indexing
  2. Index Batch is started
  3. Execute Script to zoom to a predefined area of the document (like bottom right, or even just bottom)
  4. User reads the info from the view and types in the keyword

The idea being I know ahead of time where the area the user needs to look for each document so I could have it automatically zoom to that area so the user doesn’t have to.

Related question, if that’s possible, is it possible to key the script off the active keyword.  So same scenario, but the user is in the SSN keyword field so fire a script that will zoom to where the SSN is on the scanned document, the user tabs to the next keyword, say First Name, script fires and zooms to where the First Name is on the scanned document.  Of course the locations of SSN and First Name would be predetermined and set in the script.

Thanks,
Scott

9 REPLIES 9

Rance_Del_Rosar
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Scott,

Since you mentioned that you already know where the keyword values are going to be in the document, Marcus is right -- you can use Advanced Capture/Automated Indexing as your solution. You can configure templates where you can identify areas of the document as a keyword type zone. OnBase will use OCR to grab the values in that zone so your users doesn't have to type them in. You can always set the suspect level of the OCR, and the users can check if the correct values are collected. If there is a need to correct a keyword value, when the indexer is in a particular keyword type field, then OnBase will zoom in the area or zone that you configured for it. It will even highlight the actual zone where the value is supposed to be.

I hope this helps. You can contact your first line of support if you need help or if you have any more questions about Advanced Capture.

Regards,

Rance

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Scott,

Something that may be easier that Advanced Capture or Scripting would be to use the "Keep Zoom Region" option in the scan queue configuration.  If you look at the scan queue configuration under Process Options and goto the Indexing tab you will find this option.  It allows a user to "rubberband" or zoom an area of the first document in a batch and maintain that zoom throughout the indexing process.  Of course, the end user will need to manually zoom in on the first document but then it will remain until the end of the batch.

Hope that helps.

Ryan_Wilson1
Employee
Employee

There is another option: write a VB script and configure it for the VB Script Hook "Scan Queue - Pre-Index".  This will run once for each document, right before a user indexes it.  This script would use the method ViewController.ZoomToRectangle() to zoom to a particular location in the image.  The ViewController is available off the main OnBase.Application object created in the script.

Thanks Ryan, that was exactly what I was looking for, wrote the script, assigned it to my scan queue and it worked like a charm.

I'm going to try the Scan Queue - Indexing Keyword Focus and see if I can get it to zoom based on the active keyword.

Based on the other suggestions to the answer, I am going to test out Advance Capture as well.

Thanks everyone for the assitance

Scott_Constanti
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

FYI: Scan Queue - Indexing Keyword Focus worked as well, I just grabbed the IndexKeywordPanel, checked the CurrentKeywordTypeName and used the ViewController to Zoom.

When I switch between the keywords while indexing the zoom jumped to the correct place in the document.

Thanks again Ryan!