cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Automation API Script be used to control image viewer zoom while indexing?

Scott_Constanti
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi,

We have OnBase 12 and I was wondering if there was a hook or some way to control the image zoom while manual indexing.

Example:

1. Document gets scanned and goes to Awaiting Indexing
  2. Index Batch is started
  3. Execute Script to zoom to a predefined area of the document (like bottom right, or even just bottom)
  4. User reads the info from the view and types in the keyword

The idea being I know ahead of time where the area the user needs to look for each document so I could have it automatically zoom to that area so the user doesn’t have to.

Related question, if that’s possible, is it possible to key the script off the active keyword.  So same scenario, but the user is in the SSN keyword field so fire a script that will zoom to where the SSN is on the scanned document, the user tabs to the next keyword, say First Name, script fires and zooms to where the First Name is on the scanned document.  Of course the locations of SSN and First Name would be predetermined and set in the script.

Thanks,
Scott

9 REPLIES 9

Marcus_Christi6
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Honestly, this is a perfect job for Advanced Capture/Automated Index, since it does exactly this functionality.

Scott_Constanti
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Actually, its not(if I understand Advance Capture correctly) because Advance Capture is used to OCR the zoomed area to extract the value into the keyword.

My question was about having the script show the correct area of the image so the user can process the area and type the correct keyword in.

So we don't want to OCR the area, we just want to zoom to the area and have a real person figure out what is in the area and populate the keyword.

Thanks for the reply though.

Marcus_Christi6
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

While Advanced Capture does by default OCR data values, you can always choose not to keep the OCR'd value, or even compel the user to fill it in.  Might take a bit of fancy RegEx, but that's significantly easier than scripting.

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Scott,

Great ideas!!!  I want to be added to the SCR if one is created!!

cheers,

Seth