cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Export EXPK - Studio vs. OnBase Config

Marcus_Christi2
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Thought to share for others as this explains some bizarre behavior I've seen from Studio since it was first released.

For the relationship the build looks something like this:

Disk Group A --> Document Type A --> Document Type Group A --> User Group A --> Security Keyword B

Where Security Keyword B has nothing to do with Document Type A.  It is used for a totally different business area.

In Studio, I create a System Task that has no logic, just the Document Type tab filled out with the document types I'm moving to another environment.  These all belong to the same document type group, Document Type Group A.

I export the task and then import to the new environment.  I notice that it's pulling in things that have nothing to do with these document types.

Now, "FIN Department Name" is a security keyword used to filter access to a different set of document types not included in this list at all.  Has nothing to do with this area.  But it looks to be getting pulled in because it's associated with one of the user groups on these guys.  That's not what I want.

I went to Configuration --> Export Configuration Items, and pulled the same list of document types - ONLY those document types - into an EXPK and saved it.

Turns out Studio can read these EXPK files.  I didn't know that - but it makes sense given it's the same extension.  The difference is that now, it's not pulling in "string logic" objects.  It's only pulling in what's directly related to the document types selected.  That's what I want.

Hopefully this helps anyone dealing with a similar situation when migrating partial builds and don't want to yank in all sorts of irrelevant objects.

0 REPLIES 0
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.