cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available Script Hooks for DIP imports that route to a scan queue.

Michael_Butt1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I am trying to execute a vbscript using a hook for a DIP import that sends the batch to scan queue (to "index in progress). I have tried both parse hooks and scan queue hooks and so far none have initiated. I am just using a test script at this point that either pops a message box or adds a keyword to a document.  I can execute the script on an individual document and it is successful.

This hooks needs to take place prior to the users actually indexing. I've tried the "Parsed Queue - Pre-Commit", "Scan Queue - Pre-Scan", "Scan Queue - Post Scan" and "Scan Queue - Pre Index" and none seem to initiate the script.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Tyler_Sorber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Michael

Beyond the use of the Parsed Queue Script Hooks, there is not many entry points that can be used with a DIP or COLD processor with any of the APIs.  The first thing that comes to mind would be to send the DIP batch to a specific Scan Queue, and utilizing the Scan Queue Script Hooks, which provide many more entry points.

If the above does not work as expected, I would then recommend contacting your first line of support to look into this issue more closely.  They may be able to look into your business case to see if there are any valid workarounds that can be used.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tyler_Sorber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Michael

Beyond the use of the Parsed Queue Script Hooks, there is not many entry points that can be used with a DIP or COLD processor with any of the APIs.  The first thing that comes to mind would be to send the DIP batch to a specific Scan Queue, and utilizing the Scan Queue Script Hooks, which provide many more entry points.

If the above does not work as expected, I would then recommend contacting your first line of support to look into this issue more closely.  They may be able to look into your business case to see if there are any valid workarounds that can be used.

thanks for the response. I did try the scan queue hooks and it doesn't look like they initiate when the batches are sent to scan queues from DIP.

Hi Michael

As mentioned, this might be something that your first line of support could help with. Since the Scan Queue Hooks are not being read, they may be able to help with a workaround for the process. If you are unsure who to contact, just email us at APISupport@onbase.com and we can point you in the right direction. Support would definitely be interested in a detailed business case, and will be able to work more closely with the issue off of the forums.