cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autofill Error during import: Unable to update record with primary key...

Alex_Slabey
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I get an error in our test system when trying to import a bio information autofill file with this message for each primary key (emplID):

Unable to update record with primary key = <id> because multiple records exist with same primary key

I have compared this configuration to Production and don't see any differences. When the Production system runs the same file, it doesn't give me any errors.

Settings used for import from Verification Reports (OnBase 17 TEST system):

The separator for this process is set to '|' 

The delimiter for this process is set to ''

Update existing AutoFill Keyword sets with data from file

Only update provided keywords for existing AutoFill Keyword sets

Remove all AutoFill Keyword sets not found in file

[ ] Update all documents with data from file

[ ] Only update documents for changed AutoFill Keyword sets

[ ] Auto-folder updated documents

[ ] Log document keyword modification

[ ] Add to Workflow for changed Keyword 

All I want it to do is replace autofill records in OnBase Test with the new set and delete old ones if they don't exist in the new file.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Joel_Moore1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Alexander,

The error you are getting is stating is there are multiple AutoFill records with the same emplID value that's noted in the error, so it's refusing to update both. I believe we do this since you would end up with two Key Sets in the AutoFill that are exactly the same if the update did occur.

You can search existing Keyword Set instances in Thick Client | Admin | AutoFill Keyword Sets | Management | <Select AutoFill> | View Search. I am expecting to find at least 2 Keyword Set instances for the emplID in question. You could right click and delete one of them, but you may run into this same situation continuously.

A better option for you may be to just process a completely blank text file with only the "Remove all AutoFill Keyword sets not found in file" option selected. This will delete all of the Keyword Sets currently stored in the AutoFill, and you could then process your good Index file to re-populate the AutoFill.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

Joel

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Joel_Moore1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Alexander,

The error you are getting is stating is there are multiple AutoFill records with the same emplID value that's noted in the error, so it's refusing to update both. I believe we do this since you would end up with two Key Sets in the AutoFill that are exactly the same if the update did occur.

You can search existing Keyword Set instances in Thick Client | Admin | AutoFill Keyword Sets | Management | <Select AutoFill> | View Search. I am expecting to find at least 2 Keyword Set instances for the emplID in question. You could right click and delete one of them, but you may run into this same situation continuously.

A better option for you may be to just process a completely blank text file with only the "Remove all AutoFill Keyword sets not found in file" option selected. This will delete all of the Keyword Sets currently stored in the AutoFill, and you could then process your good Index file to re-populate the AutoFill.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

Joel

HI @Joel Moore . I know this is a bit old, but I had the same thing pop up for me today. How can two primary IDs get into the list? I checked the CSV file that gets imported and didn't see any duplicates in the file. Thanks!