Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Name String and Updating KWs

Michael_Schrote
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello,

We're experiencing an issue where a KW value that is in the Auto-Name string is modified/updated the value itself is updated but the auto-name string does not. It is stored in the database as multiple instances of the same KW. Is there a way to fix this? Or is the fix to update the keyword and not have it read as an additional instance of the KW? If that's the case, is it just re-indexing?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Michael S.

3 REPLIES 3

Joe_Shearer
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry. I want to make sure I understand your situation correctly. You had a document with one instance of a Keyword Type Value, which was properly reflected in the Auto-Name string. Another instance of the Keyword Type was added, like in the example below:

If I'm correct in my understanding, are you saying:

• That you'd like the second value to be reflected in the Auto-Name string, or
  • That you'd like both values reflected in the Auto-Name string?

Any clarification you can provide is appreciated. Thank you!

--Joe Shearer

Michael_Schrote
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi Joe,

In my case the database has two values stored for the keyword (in your example doc handle 10001000 has corresponding values 101 and 1001). What was most likely meant from our indexing was to re-index that value rather than appending another amount via another instance of that keyword. Is the only way to show that value to add the .2 to the auto-name string text? Or would updating that keyword have changed the auto-name string at all?

Thanks,

Michael S.

Joe_Shearer
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Michael,

Yes, the easiest way to display the value you want in the Auto-Name string is to append .2 to the Keyword Type in the Auto-Name string definition. That will display the values of the first two instances of the Keyword Type and will not require you to re-index each document. The reason your current Auto-Name string is not displaying the second Keyword value is because by default, the Keyword Type in the Auto-Name string definition is appended with .1, meaning only the first instance of the Keyword Type value is displayed in the document Auto-Name string.

Re-indexing the documents to reflect the correct Keyword values (or the desired order of the Keyword values) is also an option and will update the Auto-Name string; however, re-indexing documents can be time-consuming and may also trigger Workflows and other business-automation processes, which may not be the desired effect. Before re-indexing any documents, you should ensure the changes will not negatively impact any business process or indexing requirements of your organization.

I hope that helps. Thank you!

--Joe Shearer