Auto Fill Keyset for second result

Ginny_Proctor
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have an AFKS set up for a case file tracking, similiar to this

CASENumber

ChildName

Child SS

You type in the Case number you get the Child information.  However it is possible for the Case to have more than one child.  I know that by hitting f6, I can add another Keyword field, but is there any way to make it fill in on it's own?  

So if I query CaseNumber 1111 and get back Child1, 111-11-1111 and also Child2, 222-22-2222, can I have it apply both if I want both?

4 REPLIES 4

Ryan_Foley1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

You can use the "Allow Multiplt AutoFill Keyword Set Selection" or "Expand All Matching Instances" settings in the AFKS configuration to support this functionality. Based on your use case, I believe that you would want to use the "Expand All Matching Instances" option to automatically fill in the additional values. You can access these settings in the OnBase Configuration Module through the Keyword | AutoFill Keyword Sets | Settings menu:

Ginny_Proctor
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

This does almost what I want, thank you for the information.   Let me expand a little on my index fields.  So I have this:

CaseNumber

ChildFirstName

Child LastName

Child SSNumber 

and when I'm using the Expand All Matching Instances, my results are filling in like this

1ChildFirstName

2ChildFirstName

1ChildLastName

2ChildLastName

1ChildSSNumber

2ChildSSNumber

Is there any way to keep the information together, so it would look like this instead

1ChildFirstName

1ChildLastName

1ChildSSNumber

2ChildFirstName

2ChildLastName

2ChildSSNumber

Mike_Saville
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

You would need to create a multi-instance keywords group with the keywords Child First Name, Child Last Name, and Child SSN.  That way all the keywords would be "grouped" together and when you do a manual F6, it will create all 3 keywords at the same time for you to fill in and should populate with the autofill.

Ginny_Proctor
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Thanks so much