cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autfill Exceute it by UNity Script

Carlos_Guerra
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Is there a way to execute an Autofill using UNity Script?

Thanks

Carlos Guerra

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Alex_French
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

There is not a way to do this directly.

The question comes up regularly on Community, and I'm pretty sure there is a string of "Denied" SCRs requesting this. I believe I wrote up some detailed use cases for our support team, and what I said was summarily ignored and we got the answer "use Workflow to do this".

Workflow can trigger an Autofill from an Ad Hoc Task, or in System Work, or Timer Work. A Unity Script can move a document around Workflow and trigger Workflow Ad Hoc Tasks (but alas not a System Task).

So you could *probably* do something like:

• Have a special LC just for triggering autofills
  • With different Queues for different specific Autofills (or one Q and lots of Rules).
  • Put the triggering of the Autofill in System Work so it happens immediately.
  • Unity Script adds doc to specific Q in specific LC...

• System Work immediately triggers Autofill
  • Unity Script can inspect the results and keep doing its job.

Instead, we frequently write a decent amount of C# code to do something autofill-like, but usually with a little extra special business logic mixed in there. If we did it regularly *without* any specific business logic, it would probably be feasible to write C# code to read the actual Autofill configuration from the OnBase database and implement the Autofill behavior in a generic way.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Alex_French
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

There is not a way to do this directly.

The question comes up regularly on Community, and I'm pretty sure there is a string of "Denied" SCRs requesting this. I believe I wrote up some detailed use cases for our support team, and what I said was summarily ignored and we got the answer "use Workflow to do this".

Workflow can trigger an Autofill from an Ad Hoc Task, or in System Work, or Timer Work. A Unity Script can move a document around Workflow and trigger Workflow Ad Hoc Tasks (but alas not a System Task).

So you could *probably* do something like:

• Have a special LC just for triggering autofills
  • With different Queues for different specific Autofills (or one Q and lots of Rules).
  • Put the triggering of the Autofill in System Work so it happens immediately.
  • Unity Script adds doc to specific Q in specific LC...

• System Work immediately triggers Autofill
  • Unity Script can inspect the results and keep doing its job.

Instead, we frequently write a decent amount of C# code to do something autofill-like, but usually with a little extra special business logic mixed in there. If we did it regularly *without* any specific business logic, it would probably be feasible to write C# code to read the actual Autofill configuration from the OnBase database and implement the Autofill behavior in a generic way.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Carlos Guerra

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.