cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Current User Name to a Keyword

Iyon_Zenebe
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We have documents that we need to import into OnBase from a different system. These document have index (keyword) such as Creator and Date Created representing the user who created the document and the date created. We would like to map the two keywords to OnBase Author and Document Date system keywords so that any new documents imported will have the keyword value assigned automatically. However, Author system keyword  is not available on field configuration in Import Configuration.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Iyob

2 REPLIES 2

Mike_Saville
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

There isn't any way to set the "document author" value when using DIP or any other method that I'm aware of.  So my suggestion would be to basically create a keyword to store the original author.

The one way that could be done would be to write a completely custom import application utilizing one of the OnBase APIs.  In this method you would read the record, determine the author, login to OnBase via the API as that person, import the document and then disconnect from OnBase.  You would repeat those steps all the way through your import file.

Scott_Johnson3
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hi Iyob

You can do this with workflow.  I save the document originator all the time with workflow actions.  You need to save the current user to a property then copy that property to a keyword. Good luck.

Scott